Abbey Gentle is a trial lawyer that has more than 20 years of experience successfully representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Missouri and Kansas. She handles all aspects of civil litigation including the initial investigation and pre-suit assessment through trial and the appellate process. Abbey’s trial practice focuses on the defense of individuals, businesses and insurance carriers involved in litigation in the areas of commercial and insurance coverage litigation and premises liability lawsuits.
In addition to the trial work, Abbey takes pride in her research and writing skills and has successfully won complex cases for clients she has represented at the summary judgment stage in the trial courts in Missouri and Kansas. As a result of her extensive briefing and oral argument, her appellate work has resulted in several favorable reported decisions on behalf of her clients. Some recent notable results included successfully representing an insurance carrier in a first party lawsuit based on the failure of a condition precedent, obtaining a judgment for her client based upon an exculpatory clause in a residential lease and a judgment for an automobile insurer based upon the “owned-by” exclusion.
- University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Miami University, B.A., 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit