Gus Hayes is an associate trial lawyer, and his focus is on defending corporations and individuals in litigation involving personal injury, property damage and contract disputes. Gus takes pride in his ability to research and write persuasive motions and memorandums, often leading to an early favorable resolution for his client. Prior to joining the firm, Gus graduated cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law, where he served as a managing editor for the ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law and practiced his advocacy skills as part of the Moot Court Program.
A double Billiken, Gus also obtained his undergraduate degree at St. Louis University, where he studied political science, history, and studied abroad at the National University of Ireland, Galway. In his spare time, Gus enjoys various hobbies and spending time outdoors in the Lake of the Ozarks.
Prior Experience and Academic Honors
- Saint Louis University Entrepreneurship & Community Development Legal Clinic
- Intern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of Missouri
- Saint Louis University Dean’s Scholar
- Labor and Employment Law Certification
- Saint Louis University Academic Excellence Award, Legal Research and Writing
- 3rd Place Best Oral Advocate, Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition
- Saint Louis University Student Bar Association, Vice President of Finance
- Phi Delta Phi
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Saint Louis University (B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri