Bo has practiced in civil and commercial litigation for years and has been intimately involved in all aspects of litigation, including trial. His practice concentrates on the defense of individuals, corporate clients, and insurers in premises liability, construction defects, transportation and trucking, commercial auto, products liability, and animal attacks.
Bo has been involved in all aspects of litigation, including pre-suit litigation, all the way through trial. He has been involved in litigation in both state and federal court throughout Missouri and Illinois. He has authored and argued successful dispositive and pre-trial motions on many issues. Bo vigorously advocates on behalf of his clients in order to obtain the best possible result for his clients.
Bo has been named a Rising Star in Civil Litigation by Super Lawyers multiple times including most recently in 2021.
- In October of 2020, Mr. Devereux obtained summary judgment on behalf of a Defendant landlord after a claim was brought against the client by a mail carrier that was attacked by a dog owned by the tenant. Mr. Devereux was able to establish that a landlord cannot be liable for the serious injuries to the mail carrier since the landlord did not own, possess, or harbor the animal involved in the attack.
- In August of 2016, Mr. Devereux authored a Writ of Prohibition which was adopted by the Eastern District of Missouri Appeals Court. That Writ successfully prohibited the disclosure of financial information and documents without a proper finding by the Court that there was enough evidence to support a submission of punitive damages to a jury. The arguments contained in Defendant’s Writ of Prohibition were ultimately adopted by the Court of Appeals.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Awards & Achievements
- Rising Stars - Business Litigation, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers (2021)
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Saint Louis University (B.S., Accounting, Finance, 2011)